Wednesday, November 14, 2007

To Have 48


The French say I have instead of I am when referring to their age. I like that. I have 48 years on Saturday!

I seem to always ponder the most about my life at the time of my birthday. Another year... What am I doing? Who am I being?

This year I’ve given more thought to wider hips, the depth of wrinkles and silver hair…the infamous aging dilemma. What does it mean to Age Gracefully? Am I doing that? Am I being that? For now the answer is, simply, ''I don’t know.'' So, I’ve put together just a few 'aging' things that I do know…

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But, sometimes, there are things in life just as well forgotten. And eventually I remember the important things.

I quit trying to hold my stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.

I now do weight lifting by standing up.

I can see my childhood toys in antique shops now.

Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life.

Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

Never lick a steak knife.

I'm sure everything I can't find is in a secure place.

You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.


I have learned that I still have a lot to learn.

posted by Pam @ 11:50 AM |

9 comments

<< Home