Sunday, April 15, 2007

Interview Me

This is something I saw on Melissa's blog, Spoke In The Wheel.
I asked her to interview me!
Her questions (great ones, Melissa!) are below along with my answers.

The Rules:

Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me.''
I respond by asking you five personal questions
(I will leave these questions for you in my comments)
so I can get to know you better.
If I already know you well, expect the questions may be a little more intimate!
You will update your journal/bloggy thing/whatever, with the answers to the questions
(please don't leave your answers in my comments unless you don't have a blog).
You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1. What do you miss most about the States?

My family and friends along with not being in the same time zone. Of course I expected to miss my closest relationships but I didn’t expect the time zone difference to be such a nuisance. I also miss the bookstores!

2. What's the most entertaining thing you've learned about French culture that you didn't expect?

Our French friends love to debate and philosophize. I guess I always knew that but since living here, that really has become ‘most entertaining’. They examine everything from food preparation to their country and its society. They enjoy discussing things endlessly and in great depth. A popular expression is, "Oui, mais...." - Yes, but....
Some of our best laughs here have been discussing a multitude (who knew?) of possibilities over the simplest things.

3. If you could have any indulgence in the world, what would it be?

Unlimited free travel for myself, family and friends…make that FIRST CLASS free travel!

4. What is the next big hurdle you'd like to overcome in your life?

Learning to speak, read and write French fluently, or at least well. That could take the rest of my life but it is truly my biggest current hurdle.

5. Courtesy of L. Britt - what is your favorite part of your body from the neck down?

My hands. I can’t talk without 'em!
posted by Pam @ 8:14 PM |

17 comments

<< Home